In this article, you will learn the 17 Exciting Final Year Projects Ideas & Topics 2023. Take a glimpse below.
- Python Final Year Projects
- Alarm clock
- Address book
- Currency converter
- Magic 8 ball
- Dice rolling simulator
- Data Science Final Year Projects
- Gender and age detection system
- Emotion recognition software
- Customer Segmentation system
- Android chatbot
- Movie recommendation system
- Fraud app detection software
- Machine Learning Final Year Projects
- Stock price prediction system
- Credit scoring system
- Online examination and evaluation system
- Fitness activity recognition for smartphone
- Handwritten digit classification system
- Personality prediction system
Read the full article to know more about the project Ideas & Topics in detail.
The final year of a graduation course is one of the most crucial stages of your education and professional grooming. While the initial three years of science stream graduation courses like Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Computer Engineering (CE)/Computer Science (CS), Information technology (IT), and Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) focus on theoretical aspects, in the final year, students get to put their theoretical knowledge to test. This is when students work on practical assignments and projects.
The main goal behind including final-year projects in the course curriculum is to encourage students to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical use. Working on final-year projects allows students to couple their intellectual faculties with practical skills to solve real-world engineering and business problems.
Check out our free courses offered by upGrad under IT technology.
READ: Statistics for data science free courses
Learners receive an average salary hike of 58% with the highest being up to 400%.
Students can choose their final year projects in specialized study areas to acquire comprehensive knowledge and build niche skills in that domain. Furthermore, while working on their final year projects, students get a more in-depth insight into real-world functional processes. The objectives of final year projects include:
- To create a platform for students to demonstrate their practical competence.
- To encourage students to apply their subject knowledge gained in the degree course.
- To help students sharpen their intellectual qualities like creative thinking, analytical abilities, teamwork, and communication skills.
Final year projects are designed to help students to expand their creative abilities by building a new system from scratch. Also, these projects push students to develop their communication skills, both verbal and written. While verbal skills develop throughout the project development process when students engage in one-on-one interactions and discussion sessions with their supervisors, written skills develop through detailed report writing. These reports are pivotal to the final evaluation of each student.
Check Advanced Certification in Digital Marketing from MICA
The bottom line – is final year projects prepare students for the professional world. After all, it is easier to catch potential employers’ eyes when your resume highlights your hands-on experiences and projects.
But what exactly can you do with Python programming? And how does it help accomplish so many projects? Let’s find out before diving into learning college project ideas for college students and final-year engineering projects.
Python Programming to Create Interesting Things
Python, a high-level interpreted language, can support various computation processes through shorter codes. Its easy-to-use syntax and versatile layout make it very popular among developers. Python programming’s implementation has helped create many interesting final-year engineering projects for college students and diploma final-year project topics. Let’s look at some of them.
- Python for Machine Learning and AI
Python is a popular language among developers and data scientists used for creating Machine Learning and AI workflows. Instead of using programming languages with lengthy codes, data scientists prefer Python, which adds precision to ML projects. Thanks to its reliable and flexible nature, data science professionals use Python to develop ML and AI algorithms for deep learning college project ideas.
- Python for Web Development
Being an open-source language, Python is a go-to for developers to use throughout the web development process. Python allows extensive access to its vast framework and modules, equipped with relevant code bundles for different use cases. Python also extends various web development frameworks, including Django, Giotto, and Flask. Top companies like Facebook, Spotify, and Mozilla use Python.
- Python for Data Visualization
Modern organizations use data visualization to facilitate accurate data representation. Python libraries like Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, etc., are excellent tools for data visualization. The libraries contain different features and capabilities for visualizing descriptive data into a more comprehensible format for both tech and non-tech professionals.
- Python for Programming Applications
Developers can use Python programming to create various software applications, both for mobile and desktop. From video, audio, or picture applications to blockchain apps, Python assists in creating GUIs and APIs for apps and reinforces them with a smooth functioning platform, strengthening practice for diploma final year project topics.
- Python for Finance
Python can assist data scientists in creating algorithms to find patterns and make predictions by leveraging the collected data. Quantitative and qualitative analysis in the finance sector can help organizations to make insightful decisions. Python libraries like Theano, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Pandas, etc., help data scientists in manifold ways.
If you are a final-year student, this article is just what you need! Today, we’ll talk about a few final-year project ideas that will make the choosing process much easier. So, let’s get right into it!
Read: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India
Final Year Project Ideas Worth Trying
We’ve compiled a list of final year project ideas divided under Python projects, Data Science projects, and Machine Learning projects.
Python Final Year Projects
1. Alarm clock
This beginner-level Python project is quite practical since almost everyone uses an alarm clock on a daily basis. The project is a CLI(Command Line Interface) application with a unique twist. Apart from the standard alarm clocks features like a clock, alarm, stopwatch, and timer, this alarm clock has YouTube integration. You can include YouTube links in a text file and code the application to read the file. So, when you set a time for an alarm, the app will choose a random YouTube link stored in the text file and start playing the video.
Read:Career in data science and its future growth
2. Address book
The address book project is a pretty simple GUI application wherein users can add multiple contact details, displaying them in a list format. Users can add and store contact details like name, contact number, and address. To add new contact information, a user needs to type the desired information in the text fields and click on the add button to add the record. They can also delete any contact record that they no longer need. The three core components for this Python final year project are AddressBook.py, db.py, and gui.py.
Read: Career options in science after graduation
3. Currency converter
Another GUI application in the list, this project involves building a currency converter that can convert one currency’s value into another currency unit. For instance, you can convert the Indian rupee into a dollar or pound and vice versa. The challenge that lies here is that the value of currencies fluctuates daily. However, you can solve this issue by importing an excel spreadsheet containing the updated currency values. To build this project, you must have a basic knowledge of python programming and the Pygame library.
Explore Our Software Development Free Courses
|Blockchain Technology||React for Beginners||Core Java Basics|
4. Magic 8 ball
This is a super fun project for beginners. A Magic 8 ball is a spherical toy designed for fortune-telling and advice-seeking. Just like a toy Magic 8 ball, this application will also provide answers to users’ questions. However, here, you have to allow the users to enter their question, display an “in-progress” message, and finally reveal the answer. For example, if a user asks, “what is my favorite color?” the answer could be the name of any random color or a simple “yes” or “no.” So, you will have to program at least 10 to 20 responses. Also, the app should have the option to let the users continue playing or quit the game.
Our learners also read – python course for free!
5. Dice rolling simulator
The dice rolling simulator is a Python application that can imitate the functions of a physical rolling dice. It works something like this – when a user rolls the dice in the game, it will generate a random number between 1 to 6 and display the final answer. The user can roll the dice any number of times they want since the program has the option of rolling the dice repeatedly. Essentially, the dice-rolling simulator should be able to pick and display a random number each time a user rolls the dice.
Checkout:Python Project Ideas
Data Science Final Year Projects
1. Gender and age detection system
The gender and age detection application is a popular Data Science final-year project that helps strengthen your programming skills. For developing the gender and age detection project, you will need Python, Support Vector Machine, and Convolutional Neural Network. Fortunately, you’ll get plenty of datasets for training the model. As the name suggests, the application can predict an individual’s gender and age through image recognition. Thus, once you feed a person’s image into the model, it will display their gender and age.
2. Emotion recognition software
In this project, you will develop an emotion recognition system with integrated audio input. It is a simple yet practical final-year project for students to build their real-world skills. The components required for this project include Python, Support Vector Machine, RNN algorithm, and Convolutional Neural Network. You can use the Vox celebrity dataset having different voice samples for training the model, while the Librosa package can be used to extract and classify audio samples. It is an excellent application for people with a hearing impairment.
Also, Check out online degree programs at upGrad.
3. Customer Segmentation system
Customer segmentation is a popular method used by brands to get a deeper insight into their target audience via unsupervised learning. Customer segmentation helps segment a brand’s target audience into different buyer personas according to factors like buying behavior, gender, age, location, income, interests, and preferences. The project uses the partition method to split the customers according to these attributes. Other requirements for the customer segmentation project are R, K-mean clustering, Density-based clustering, and Model-based clustering.
4. Android chatbot
This is a general chatbot for the Android platform. It is designed to understand users’ queries and the intent behind them and provide relevant answers. So, when a user enters their question in the system, the bot will analyze the keywords and generate an appropriate response for the specific query. The chatbot can communicate with humans on a wide range of topics, including sports, health, education, entertainment, etc. Since chatbots are hugely popular now, this project is an excellent choice for final-year students.
5. Movie recommendation system
With online content platforms becoming more and more popular every day, thanks to personalized content suggestions, recommendation engines have become the latest trend in the digital domain. You can create a movie recommendation system using R and Collaborative Filtering. This project’s main goal is to study a user’s browsing and viewing history and recommend movies that match their interests. This final-year project is an ideal choice for aspirants who wish to understand the mechanisms of recommendation engines.
Read:How to make a chatbot in Python?
6. Fraud app detection software
Both Apple Store and PlayStore are replete with fraudulent apps. Malicious apps can not only damage the phone’s normal functioning but also access and misuse sensitive data stored on the phone. Here, you’ll develop software that can process the information, comments, and user review of apps in the Apple Store/PlayStore to determine whether or not it is a genuine apps. The software can process multiple applications simultaneously.
Read:Data Science Project Ideas
Machine Learning Final Year Projects
1. Stock price prediction system
In this ML project, you will build a stock price predictor that can predict the future prices of stock. The best thing about working with stock market data is that it generally has short feedback cycles, making it easy for data analysts to use new market data to validate stock price predictions. However, stock market data tends to be very granular, varied, and volatile.
You can model this stock price predictor to perform simple calculations like predicting an organization’s six-month price movement based on fundamental indicators from its quarterly report. You can also model it to find and group similar stocks based on their price movements and identify periods when there are significant fluctuations in their prices.
2. Credit scoring system
The credit scoring system determines a user’s credit scoring using Big Data. This ML project combines social network analytics with mobile phone data to evaluate the credibility of users. Since it feeds on colossal amounts of financial data from across different countries and studies a comprehensive range of financial metrics (factors), the ML model features an enhanced decision-making process for determining the credit score.
3. Online examination and evaluation system
In this ML project, you will build an application that will allow students to give their admission test online. According to the marks obtained in the test, the system will generate a list of colleges fit for a student. This application’s main aim is to offer a quick and hassle-free process of appearing for online exams and accessing the results almost immediately. The admission test conducted via this platform will have multiple-choice options, and built-in AI verifies the answers.
4. Fitness activity recognition for smartphone
This ML project uses smartphone data, particularly fitness activity data captured through the phone’s inertial sensors. This fitness activity recognition project’s primary goal is to design a classification model that can identify human fitness activities like running, cycling, speedwalking, etc. If you choose this as one of your final year projects, it will help you understand how to build ML models for solving multi-classification problems.
Also read, Career options in medical
5. Handwritten digit classification system
This project is an excellent way to understand Deep Learning and how neural networks function. It is essentially based on image recognition. One of the best datasets for this project is the MNIST dataset because it is both varied and beginner-friendly. In this project, you will learn how to teach a machine (ML model) to understand and classify handwritten digits’ images as ten digits (0–9). The goal is to train the model to recognize numbers from disparate sources like bank cheques, images, emails, and anything else containing a numeric entry.
6. Personality prediction system
This ML project focuses on building an automated personality classification system using advanced ML algorithms and data mining techniques to extract user behavior and characteristics data and find meaningful patterns. It can classify and predict users’ personalities based on past classifications as well. The system studies the observed patterns stored in its vast database and predicts a new user’s personality based on similar patterns. This is a handy tool for brands that offer personalized products to customers based on their personalities.
Read: Machine Learning Project Ideas
All these projects will be excellent additions to your portfolio as they will showcase your real-world skills and hands-on experience to prospective employers. So, which of these will you choose as your final year project?
If you are curious about learning data science to be in the front of fast-paced technological advancements, check out upGrad & IIIT-B’sPG Diploma in Data Science.
Soft Projects - those in which the final result is not in itself a tangible asset. These may include an office relocation, establishing a new administrative system or even launching a new television program. The point is a project is not an on-going activity.What are the best topics for final year project? ›
- Movie recommendation system.
- Fraud app detection software.
- Stock price prediction system.
- Credit scoring system.
- Online examination and evaluation system.
- Fitness activity recognition for smartphone.
- Handwritten digit classification system.
- Personality prediction system.
- Write a blog post. A blog post is a web article you can write on any topic that interests you. ...
- Write a poem. ...
- Write a short story. ...
- Create custom bookmarks. ...
- Create a poster. ...
- Create digital artwork. ...
- Take a photo series. ...
- Create a vision board.
- Energy Sources.
- Waste Disposal.
- Imposed Democracy.
- Political Environment in the Middle East.
- Religion and Globalization.
- UN Policies on the Environment and their Impact.
- The Influence of Marketing and Media on Teens.
- Bar Code Implants.
Soft Projects - those in which the final result is not in itself a tangible asset. These may include an office relocation, establishing a new administrative system or even launching a new television program. The point is a project is not an on-going activity.What are project ideas? ›
Project Ideas are where you begin documenting proposals for future research grant applications. At this phase, you are documenting key information related to the project, as well as identifying collaborators, potential funders, budget information, and metadata related to the project.What is an example of a development project? ›
Examples: a new water treatment plant, a dam, a waste incinerator. Or it may involve 'soft' activities – management, institutional development, training, etc. These projects often may involve continuing expenditure over a period of years, but not give rise to a capital asset.What are the 4 types of system design? ›
There are four system design processes: developing stakeholder expectations, technical requirements, logical decompositions, and design solutions.What are the 7 big ideas of computer science? ›
- Big Idea 1: Creativity. Computing is a creative activity. ...
- Big Idea 2: Abstraction. Abstraction is a central problem-solving technique in computer science. ...
- Big Idea 3: Data and Information. ...
- Big Idea 4: Algorithms. ...
- Big Idea 5: Programming. ...
- Big Idea 6: The Internet. ...
- Big Idea 7: Global Impact.
What is a Creative Concept? A creative concept is an overarching “Big Idea” that captures audience interest, influences their emotional response and inspires them to take action. It is a unifying theme that can be used across all campaign messages, calls to action, communication channels and audiences.Where can I find new ideas? ›
- Engage in Observation Sessions. Great ideas won't happen in a vacuum. ...
- Socialize Outside Your Normal Circles. Hanging around with the same friends and colleagues can get you in a thinking rut. ...
- Read More Books. ...
- Randomly Surf the Web. ...
- Keep a Regular Journal. ...
- Meditate. ...
- Use Structured Exercises.
- WHY did you choose the topic? What interests you about it? ...
- WHO are the information providers on this topic? ...
- WHAT are the major questions for this topic? ...
- WHERE is your topic important: at the local, national or international level? ...
- WHEN is/was your topic important?
One good method for finding hot topics is to look for issues that cause problems for other researchers. Begin by searching for and reading literature in your field. Start with general interest journals, but don't limit yourself to journal publications only; you can also look for clues in the news or on research blogs.What are 3 project examples? ›
- Constructing a building.
- Developing a new pharmaceutical compound.
- Expanding a tour guide service.
- Merging two organizations.
- Exploring for oil in a region.
- Modifying an organization's software system.
- Researching to develop a new manufacturing process.
|Type of Project||Product of Project (Examples)|
|1.||Administrative||installing a new accounting system|
|2.||Construction||a building or road|
|3.||Computer Software Development||a new computer program|
|4.||Design of Plans||architectural or engineering plans|
Examples of Project:
Construction of a bridge. Development of software for a new business process. Installation of machinery in a factory. Relief efforts after a natural disaster.
Example of a life project: So that my children can have a good education, live in a developed country, away from big cities, pollution, in a socially favored neighborhood. Constantly improve the XXX skill and gradually work more and more at home.What are the 5 types of development projects? ›
These five types of development projects are the following: (1) research and development, (2) breakthrough, (3) platform, (4) derivative, and (5) alliances and partnerships.What are five development examples? ›
There are 5 types of development: physical, intellectual/cognitive, social, emotional, and moral.
A professional development plan is an ever-changing document that assesses your current skill set, helps you set career goals, create strategies, and uncover resources that will help you reach them. Read on for examples of professional development goals and plans, and discover tools to help track your progress.What is genius design? ›
Genius design … forgoes user research and the iterative design and testing cycles of user-centered design in favor of relying on the skills of talented designers.What are the 12 principles of system design? ›
There are twelve basic principles of design: contrast, balance, emphasis, proportion, hierarchy, repetition, rhythm, pattern, white space, movement, variety, and unity.What is a form design? ›
What is form design? Form design is the process of creating a web form — where your site visitors can input and submit their information — while keeping the form's layout, format, UX, appearance, and other factors in mind. Great form design enhances UX and helps boost conversions.What are the 10 big ideas? ›
The Big Idea weekly challenges are here!
The 10 Big Ideas are Humankind, Nature, Processes, Significance, Comparison, Place and Space, Investigation, Materials, Creativity and Change.
The four C's (communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking) are extremely interconnected, especially in computer science curriculum.What is the most important topic in computer science? ›
Indeed Programming Languages are one of the basic and crucial aspects for all computer science students. Whether you want to go for the Software Development field, Artificial Intelligence domain, or any other field, having an understanding of programming concepts is always a must.
Try reading the newspaper, science magazines, websites, or blogs, asking questions to the adults in your life, or examining recent scientific journals. This step can help you in all stages of your project, from getting started to answering interview questions at the fair!What are common computer science topics? ›
Principal areas of study within Computer Science include artificial intelligence, computer systems and networks, security, database systems, human computer interaction, vision and graphics, numerical analysis, programming languages, software engineering, bioinformatics and theory of computing.What is the easiest science project? ›
The chemical volcano is a popular science project because it is very easy and yields reliable results. The basic ingredients for this type of volcano are baking soda and vinegar, which you probably have in your kitchen.
- 1) Build a Multi-Page Responsive Website.
- 2) Redesign an Existing Website Template.
- 4) Create a Simple Application.
- 5) Random Number Generator.
- 6) Web Scraping Using Python.
- 7) Build a Working Chess Game.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar Volcano. ...
- Mentos and Soda Fountain. ...
- Invisible Ink.
- Crystal Growing. ...
- Vegetable Battery. ...
- Wind Energy. ...
- Water Electrolysis. ...
- Plant Science.
A very quick, 15-question and purposefully abstract test based in psychology research and developed by the folks at Adobe Create will lead to an outcome of one of these eight Creative Types: The Artist, The Thinker, The Adventurer, The Maker, The Producer, The Dreamer, The Innovator, and The Visionary.What are four creative activities? ›
Creative activities like drama, music, dance, art and craft are great for learning and development in these years.What are some fun and creative things to do? ›
- Tie-dye an outfit. Who doesn't love a craft you can wear? ...
- Paint a picture. ...
- Start scrapbooking. ...
- Make pottery. ...
- Make jewelry that matches your style. ...
- Learn a how to do new hairstyle. ...
- Start a new book. ...
- Download an audiobook.
- Gather Raw Materials. The first step in thinking more creatively is to do research on the things that inspire you. ...
- Digest the Material Mentally. ...
- Internalize Materials Unconsciously. ...
- The Eureka Moment. ...
- Bring Ideas to Life.
- Generate as many ideas as possible. The first way to beat a creative block and generate new ideas is to generate as many good ideas as possible. ...
- Pay attention to your needs. ...
- Keep track of your ideas. ...
- Observe the world around you. ...
- Break your routine. ...
- Doodle. ...
- Don't be afraid of trial and error. ...
- Seek new experiences.
If you want to win at the higher science fair levels, originality and innovativeness are extremely important. Develop a new method or technique, or research something nobody knows about. If you cannot find something new to develop, take an old method and redesign it.What are the 8 parts of a science fair project? ›
- Pick a topic.
- Construct an exhibit for results.
- Write a report.
- Practice presenting.
- The purpose of the graduation project is to demonstrate your ability to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained throughout your years in the educational system.
- Choose your. ...
- Choose your Graduation Project team.
- Check List.
- don't be shy to ask any question.
- Work Allocation.
- Analyze the benefits of diversity in education.
- Are charter schools useful for the national education system?
- How has modern technology changed teaching?
- Discuss the pros and cons of standardized testing.
- Write an executive summary. The executive summary serves as the introduction to your project proposal. ...
- Explain the project background. ...
- Present a solution. ...
- Define project deliverables and goals. ...
- List what resources you need. ...
- State your conclusion. ...
- Know your audience. ...
- Be persuasive.
- 1: Know your interest area. Don't forget to choose a topic that falls in your interest area. ...
- 2: Beware of choosing your supervisor. ...
- 3: Focus what is on trending. ...
- 4: Strictly NO deadlock. ...
- 5: Sealing the topic.
- Evaluation of free clinic process.
- The role of project management in effective political campaigns.
- The practice of ethical thinking in administration.
- Modern strategies for rate of return and capital investment.
- The importance of conflict administration for big companies.
- Using techniques such as relevance trees and morphological analysis – see next section.
- Looking at previous projects, which will probably mention areas for further research.
- Brainstorm with other students.
- Look at abstracts in online databases, and list ideas you find interesting.
- Social technology research topics.
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology research topics.
- Artificial intelligence technology research topics.
- Beauty and anti-aging technology.
- Geoengineering technology research topics.
- Creative and performing arts technology topics.
For many students, that means they are looking to create an individualized project of their own, AKA a passion project. This might include a research project, a student organization, an online fundraiser, a business, or any other series of possible projects. So, what type of passion projects could you do?What are the six types of project proposals? ›
The six major types of project proposals include: solicited, unsolicited, informal, renewal, continuation and supplemental project proposal.What is the best project proposal in school? ›
- Does Daycare Help Kids Develop Properly?
- Violence in Movies and Games: Effects on Education.
- How can Teachers and Students Work Together to Improve Education.
- How Psychology Can Help Improve Education.
- How Fun and Playing Helps Kids Learn.
- Blended Learning and its Effects.
- Title & Cover Page.
- Approval or Certification.
- Abstract or Executive Summary.
- Table of Contents.
- List of Figures.
- List of Tables.