- If you're looking for alternatives to the Cortana virtual assistant, make sure to check out our picks
- You might also be interested in other artificial intelligence software programs
- Windows users looking for a way to automate PC tasks can check out our favorite tools for the job
- Visit our Tools and Utilities section to read more awesome guides!
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Talking PC software tools take your ordinary computer and give it Artificial Intelligence powers. There are a lot of AI programs that allow you to interact with your PC and transform the machine into your very own personal assistant.
Thankfully, we live in a time where interacting with your computer is not Sci-Fi anymore. And this possibility is right here at your fingertips, so it would be a shame not to try it for yourself.
We gathered the 6 best PC tools that can talk back to you, so make sure to check out their features. Some are unique.
After seeing what they’re capable of, you can make an informed decision for your needs. Become BFFs with your computer today!
Top 6 software programs that talk back
Jarvis is created by The Pennyworth Project, and it’s a great context-sensing software program with prediction support. Itsupports Learners, Predictions, Rules, and Sensors.
The automatic mode provides correction when a specific trigger is detected, and you will get the opportunity to configure the triggers via the configuration menu.
Here are the key features of Jarvis:
- After you install the Jarvis app, you can launch the software by finding and clicking the new Jarvis group entry in Windows’ Start Menu.
- When you first launch the tool, there’s a small icon that will appear in the system notification area, and this will be the main way that you will use to interact with JARVIS.
- If you right-click on the icon, there will appear a menu, and this will expose all the functionalities that this software is able to provide.
- You will be able to train the software and monitor its context predictions until it gets better and better.
- Over time, the software will become great at predicting your context automatically.
⇒ Get Jarvis
Looking for a language-learning software with speech recognition? Find the best ones in this article.
Braina is short for Brain Artificial, and it’s an intelligent virtual assistant that will allow you to interact with your PC via voice commands.
If you think that this sounds a lot like Siri or Cortana, we have to tell you that you’re wrong. Braina is not a search program, and it can do much more.
Here are the key features of the Braina AI software:
- This is a human language interface, voice recognition and automation software for systems running Windows.
- This fantastic software allows users to accurately convert speech to text in more than 100 different languages.
- Using Braina, you will be able to control your computer using natural language commands.
- This is not a simple chat-bot, and its primary focus is to be extraordinarily functional and to help users in doing various tasks.
- You will be able to type all kinds of commands and even speak to it, and Braina will understand perfectly what you want from it.
- Braina is a result of intense research that was made in the field of AI.
- The software is a digital assistant that is able to understand, think and also learn from its experience just like a human brain.
- Braina can also learn from conversations.
This is a multi-functional AI software that provides a single-window environment to control your PC and perform a massive range of tasks such as dictation, searching data online, playing songs, opening and searching files on your PC, setting alarms and reminders, performing mathematical operations, remembering notes, automating various tasks, reading e-books and more.
Take a look at the best speech therapy software for Windows 10 in this useful article.
Talk for Me
Talk for Me is an app that is designed to offer a voice to those without a voice.
It comes with a few sections with tiles that are designed to help users string together sentences in order to be able to communicate better with the ones around.
This tool also packs a dedicated keyboard function where a user will be able to type in a message and then have the computer speak on their behalf.
This tool is more than useful for people who have Autism, PSP, ALS, CBD, survived strokes and more.
Here are the key features of Talk for me:
- This is a text to speech designed app with massive touch points.
- The software comes with a customizable home screen that makes it easy to use even for people who are not really advanced or experts in this kind of software.
- The customizable sections include People, Food, Phrases, People, Sports, Entertainment, Medical, Numbers, and Persona Information.
- The app comes with a large on-screen keyboard.
- You will be able to adjust the rate of speech and the voice based on your computer’s installed voices.
- This software works flawlessly with mouse, touch, keyboard and also pen, but this depends on the device that you are using.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click hereto download and start repairing.
This app packs a lot of useful features and the fact that it’s highly customizable comes in handy every time.
There are lots of users who say that they use this app for patients who are not able to speak and via this app, the patients are able to communicate with others, and this is beyond amazing.
If you’re interested in speech recognition apps for Windows 10, find our best picks in this article.
DataBot is a free virtual talking robot that you will be able to install on your computer running Windows. It answers to your question with its own voice, depending on the topic.
There are various apps and services that are integrated into this software to module in the bot’s memories, to give back to you images and to search all kinds of data.
You will be able to use DataBot whenever you travel, study, work, relax or play because it will search for you all that you need to listen or know in just a few seconds.
Here are the key features of DataBot:
- This software is able to quickly identify the subject that you required.
- DataBot can create customized multimedia presentations using text, images, and voice as well.
- This program is also able to answer various specific questions, and it will create reports that will include the answer, related details, search services, materials, links and more.
- DataBot allows you to share answers effortlessly using SMS, social networks, and emails.
- You can also enhance the bot’s abilities by using free or purchased upgrades.
- DataBot has the fantastic features of customizing itself based on your preferences that include voice, language, name, and behavior.
- The software will gain experience while you are using it and this can be considered as an alternative method to obtain upgrades that are available in the store or various exclusive rewards.
- The services and modules that are available in DataBot include some of the following: dictionary, horoscope, secretary, thematic, jokes, news, sounds, brain train, riddle, quotes, and more.
If you’re using Windows 10, you should already be familiarized with the Cortana virtual assistant. It’s a useful AI-powered tool you can use to set reminders, dictate emails to, find various information on the internet and so on.
Microsoft has added a series of new features to its virtual assistant in recent years. You can now use it on other operating systems as well, including Android.
Of course, in order to work properly, Cortana needs to access all the information on your computer. Some users may feel this affects their privacy, so keep this fact in mind when you turn on Cortana.
Want to know how to install Cortana language packs on Windows 10? Check out this handy guide.
Many people rely on text-to-speech programs since the PC does all the talking. Computer Talker is a free text-to-speech software for Windows, created by Point64.
It’s a simple tool that translates and converts anything you write to make the computer speak it out loud. Computer Talker has a built-in naturally sounding voice that can read your text out loud.
Here are the key features of Computer Talker:
- It comes with a straightforward user interface that makes it easier to be used even for beginners.
- The software is able to read or convert the text into speech using its naturally sounding female voice.
- This piece of software is effortless to use, and all you have to do is copy and paste the text that you want to convert into speech, and after you are done, you have to press the Talk button.
- The program can easily recognize English words, and it is able to pronounce them correctly.
If you want to change your voice on Skype, check out this article with the best tool to do that.
These are six of the best programs that can make your computer talk to you and it’s recommended that you check out the whole set of their features before making your final decision.
If you have any other recommendations or questions, feel free to reach for the comments section below.
This article covers:Topics:
- windows 10
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
Leave a Reply
Choose the voice assistant to match your needs
Most voice assistants perform similar tasks, but some excel when it comes to specific use cases. For example, those who shop with Amazon Prime frequently will benefit from using Alexa. Those who enjoy digging up information online should opt for Google Assistant.
Amazon Alexa remains the most widely used voice assistant on smart speakers, while Apple's Siri and Google Assistant reign on smartphones.What is the best AI voice assistant? ›
One of the best-known virtual assistants is Apple's Siri, a consumer-facing product packaged as a personal assistant. Examples of other IVAs include Amazon's Alexa, Microsoft's Cortana, and Google's Google Assistant.What AI app is everyone using? ›
It's called Lensa AI, and the viral photo-editing app takes your uploaded photos and creates "magic avatars" using your face.What is the most advanced AI so far? ›
While AI has been improving, the November 2022 launch of ChatGPT has been a game changer. ChatGPT is a conversational application of GPT-3, the most powerful AI system in the world, allowing you to have a natural conversation with this powerful technology.Which virtual assistant is best? ›
- Fancy Hands: Best for Quick Requests.
- Time etc: Best for Entrepreneurs.
- Uassist.ME: Best for Bilingual.
- Prialto: Best for Large Teams.
- WoodBows: Best for Customer Satisfaction.
There are three worth using—Amazon's Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple's Siri—and each has its pros and cons. If you're new, right now we prefer Google- and Amazon-powered models, as they are the most widely user-friendly.What is Google's version of Alexa called? ›
Both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant have developed into excellent voice assistants, and now largely function very similarly to one another.How many devices have a voice assistant? ›
Smart home devices and appliances
Assistant works with over 1000 home automation brands and more than 10,000 devices.
Forty-four percent of those surveyed think Alexa is the brainiest, beating out second-place Google Assistant, rated smartest by 33%; Apple's Siri isn't far behind in third place.
- YouCam Perfect.
- YouCam Enhance.
Lucid.AI is the world's largest and most complete general knowledge base and common-sense reasoning engine.What's the new filter everyone is using? ›
Lensa, a brand-new AI filter app is taking social media by storm, as some users get a major glow-up. So, here's what you need to know about it.Is AI for all free? ›
Free Online Course: AI For Everyone from Coursera | Class Central.What Year Will AI take over the world? ›
In 2020, Musk told the New York Times that AI would grow vastly smarter than humans and would overtake the human race by 2025, adding that things would get “unstable or weird.”What is the most impressive thing AI can do? ›
- 1) Drive you around in relative safety. ...
- 2) Book things for you by phone. ...
- 3) Write marketing language which outperforms that written by humans. ...
- 4) Understand you (most of the time) ...
- 5) Predict which movies/TV shows/songs/products you'll like with a reasonable degree of accuracy.
The main differences these agents have lies in the way we interact with them. For example, chatbots are a text-based virtual assistant that simulates human-like conversations with users. On the other hand, voice assistants are virtual assistants that use natural speech to resolve queries and interact with users.Who is better Alexa or Google? ›
We've already explained above that Google Home slightly lags in third-party smart device support when compared to Alexa. Although it's closing the gap, this is still a major factor that'll affect which one you pick. Also, Google does not offer any way to change the “wake word” for its devices.Which Google Assistant is best? ›
Best overall: Google Nest Audio. The Google Nest Audio is the best all-around smart speaker that Google has ever released. It costs about the same as an Amazon Echo, which makes it quite affordable.What is Google Assistant called? ›
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant software application developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and home automation devices. Based on artificial intelligence, Google Assistant can engage in two-way conversations, unlike the company's previous virtual assistant, Google Now.
They can answer questions, interact with apps, turn on lights, order food, and even find lost phones. Voice-activated assistants come pre-installed on smartphones, but speakers like Amazon Echo and the Google Home voice-activated speaker are increasingly common platforms.Is Alexa coming to an end? ›
The e-commerce giant announced its intention to close down Alexa.com in December 2021, and the service finally went dark on May 1, 2022.What's better Alexa or Siri? ›
Features and functionalities of both these platforms are on par. But due to its universality in connecting with multiple devices seamlessly, Alexa wins over Siri, a premium a sophisticated system.Is Alexa always listening? ›
Anytime you speak to Alexa, it records your voice and entire conversation. Amazon then stores those voice recordings forever, unless you opt to delete these in a more timely manner.Can a voice Assistant work without Internet? ›
Google App Can Now Process Voice Commands While Navigating, Even without an Internet Connection.Does voice Assistant listen all the time? ›
Though they make our lives easier, voice assistants do have a few downsides: Less privacy: They function continuously, so are always listening to what we say, which could be recorded.What are the limitations of voice Assistant? ›
One of the significant drawbacks of voice assistants is that they make communication less personal. There's something inherently cold about a disembodied voice at a machine dictating your messages and tasks rather than an actual person. The lack of a physical presence takes some of that warmth out.What is the most in demand virtual assistant? ›
They have extensive experience using cloud-based platforms like:
- Asana, Process Street, Trello, Clio, Microsoft Planner, etc.
- Google Suite.
One of the most obvious ways the two smart assistants differ is the types of media they can play. While Google Assistant may offer more actions than Alexa does skills, Amazon's smart assistant isn't to be overlooked since it does work with more smart home devices than Google Assistant.What is the smartest smart assistant? ›
Forty-four percent of those surveyed think Alexa is the brainiest, beating out second-place Google Assistant, which was rated smartest by 33%; Apple's Siri isn't far behind in third.
Microsoft has put together an AI course for beginners, consisting of a 12 week, 24 lesson curriculum, available for free to all.What is the name of the new AI app? ›
ChatGPT is artificial intelligence chatbot software capable of writing poems, college-level essays and even computer code. Experts say the software highlights how far AI has come in just a few years, while still spotlighting concerns around accuracy.Is AI safe to use? ›
Problems with safety can arise through the programming and technical use of AI. There are three main quadrants that require careful consideration, where AI problems can and do arise. They are autonomous learning with benign intent, human controlled with benign intent, and human controlled with malicious intent.What is Google code red? ›
Google's management issued a "code red" in response to the release of OpenAI's ChatGPT and its potential to disrupt the tech industry. Although not without flaws, ChatGPT could pose a serious threat to Google's main search engine business.Who is the best AI expert? ›
- Andrew Ng. Founder and CEO of Landing AI, Founder of deeplearning.ai. ...
- Fei-Fei Li. Sequoia Professor of Computer Science Stanford University. ...
- Andrej Karpathy. Senior Director of Artificial Intelligence at Tesla. ...
- Demis Hassabis. Co-founder and CEO of Deep Mind. ...
- Ian Goodfellow. ...
- Yann LeCun. ...
- Jeremy Howard. ...
- Ruslan Salakhutdinov.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) art is currently all the rage, but most AI image generators run in the cloud. Stable Diffusion is different — you can run it on your very own PC and generate as many images as you want.What PC game has the best AI? ›
- The Last of Us.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
- Halo: Combat Evolved.
- Rocket League.
Cortana is Microsoft's personal productivity assistant that helps you save time and focus attention on what matters most. To get started, select the Cortana icon on the taskbar.Is there an AI system like Jarvis? ›
Meet Duo, an AI device that's "part mirror —all computer." Unlike standalone devices such as the Amazon Echo, Alexa, or Google Assistant, Duo operates beyond its 27-inch reflective display. It's a powerful smart computer that connects all your home devices and serves as a sleek, discreet entertainment hub.How much RAM do you need for AI? ›
Understanding machine learning memory requirements is a critical part of the building process. Sometimes, though, it is easy to overlook. The average memory requirement is 16GB of RAM, but some applications require more memory.
The scientists say with no need for internet connection, the AI would also work in space, where no AI technology has gone before. Scientists at the University of Central Florida have gone beyond prior research developing tiny brain-like computer chips.Can AI take over everything? ›
No, AI will not take over the world. Movies like I, Robot are science fiction, with an emphasis on the word fiction.What is the number 1 computer game in world? ›
|3.||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2.0||Activision Publishing|
The AI agent beat other existing Stratego bots, which play at an amateur level, more than 97% of the time, they report. It won 84% of the time against human expert players on an online gaming platform, sometimes by bluffing and deceiving.Why is Cortana being discontinued? ›
Then, in early 2021, we stopped supporting the Cortana app for mobile (iOS and Android), because you can now manage your calendar and email, join meetings, and do so much more via our new productivity-focused experiences — like the Cortana Windows 10 experience, Cortana integration in Outlook mobile, and Cortana voice ...What is Microsoft Jarvis? ›
JARVIS (Joint AI Research for Video Instances and Streams) is an AI-powered video analytics tool aimed towards enhancing security, safety & compliance. By default, Jarvis works with Azure AD. To get started, sign up for Jarvis using an account in your instance of Azure AD.What replaced JARVIS? ›
F.R.I.D.A.Y. appears in Avengers Assemble, voiced by Jennifer Hale. This version is a successor to J.A.R.V.I.S.What does JARVIS AI cost? ›
Jarvis (Jasper AI) Pricing
The cheapest pricing plan costs $49 per month, and it gives you access to short-form content such as headlines, tweets, and product descriptions. The second pricing plan is the Boss Mode package. This costs $99 per month.
Some commands you can say include:
- "Jarvis, open Google."
- "Jarvis, play music".
- "Jarvis, what's the weather."
- "Jarvis, get new email."